In this guide, we will show you how to install QElectroTech on Ubuntu systems with two different methods.
QElectroTech is a free application that has been designed to help create electrical, electronic, automation, control circuits, mechanical objects to illustrate processes, instrumentation drawings and many other things.
QElectroTech uses the GNU/GPL license and can run on Gnu/Linux, Windows and macOS. With its large collection of standard and custom symbols.
Install QElectroTech on Ubuntu-APT method
Follow the steps below to get started with QElectroTech :
- Update your Ubuntu system packages with running the below command:
sudo apt update -y && sudo apt upgrade -y
- QElectroTech package is not available on Ubuntu base repository. So You can install it via importing PPA repo as follows:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:scorpio/qelectrotech-dev
- Run the command below to reflect on PPA
sudo apt update -y
- Then install qelectrotech as shown below:
sudo apt install qelectrotech -y
Install QElectroTech-Flatpak method
NOTE: Also you can install QElectroTech with Flatpak
Flatpak, formerly known as xdg-app, is a utility for software deployment and package management for Linux. It is advertised as offering a sandbox environment in which users can run application software in isolation from the rest of the system.
- So install the Flatpak manager with running the following command:
sudo apt install flatpak -y
- Enable Flatpak using the following command
sudo flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
- Install QElectroTech using the following flatpak command.
flatpak install flathub org.qelectrotech.QElectroTech -y
- Access QElectroTech with CLI by running the following command:
- You can it on the system search bar by typing QElectroTech as follows
- Alternatively, Flatpak users will need to launch using the command below:
flatpak run org.qelectrotech.QElectroTech
- QElectroTech will be launched as shown below
How to Remove (Uninstall) QElectroTech
- Remove QElectroTech APT Method
sudo apt autoremove qelectrotech --purge -y
- Remove QElectroTech with Flatpak Remove Method:
flatpak uninstall --delete-data org.qelectrotech.QElectroTech flatpak remove --unused
Install QElectroTech – Conclusion