In this guide, we will show you how to install Valentina in Ubuntu systems.
Valentina is an open source pattern drafting software tool, designed to be the foundation of a new stack of open source tools to remake the garment industry. The main idea of the software package for creating clothing patterns is in combining new technologies with old methods of designing of patterns. The main feature is the work with parametric patterns. So it’s for creating clothing patterns distributed according to the open-source software model.
Install Valentina on Ubuntu
Follow the steps below to get started with Valentina:
- Update your Ubuntu system packages with running the below command:
sudo apt update -y && sudo apt upgrade -y
- Valentina package is not available on Ubuntu base repository. So You can install it via importing PPA repository as follows:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dismine/valentina-dev -y
- Run the following command to reflect the imported PPA repo.
sudo apt update -y
Then install the Valentina:
sudo apt install valentina -y
- Access Valentina through the command line by running the command
- Also you can search on the system search bar by typing Valentina as follows
- Valentina will be launched as shown below
How to Remove (Uninstall) Valentina
- Remove Valentina with APT Remove Method:
sudo apt-get autoremove valentina --purge -y sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:dismine/valentina-dev -y
Install Valentina -Conclusion