In this tutorial, we will illustrate how to install RustDesk into your Ubuntu systems.
RustDesk is a remote access and remote control software, allowing maintenance of computers and other devices.
The RustDesk client is available for different operating systems. RustDesk has the aspiration to be an open source alternative for Remote desktop software like TeamViewer or AnyDesk. Therefore, RustDesk is able to function without additional tools like VPNs or port forwardings, even behind firewalls or NATs. RustDesk used to be based on the proprietary Sciter UI runtime library, but in 2022 plans started to replace it with Flutter.
Install RustDesk on Ubuntu-APT method
Follow the steps below to get started with RustDesk :
- Update your Ubuntu system packages with running the below command:
sudo apt update -y && sudo apt upgrade -y
- RustDesk package is not available on Ubuntu base repository. So You can install it via downloading the package from GitHub as follows:
- Now install RustDesk on Ubuntu using the command below:
sudo apt install ./rustdesk-1.1.9.deb -y
- python downloading while the installing
- You can search on the system search bar by typing RustDesk as follows
- RustDesk will be launched as shown below
Install RustDesk -Conclusion