In this article, we will show you how to install Qmmp in Ubuntu systems.
qmmp (for Qt-based MultiMedia Player) is a free and open-source cross-platform audio player that is similar to Winamp. It is written in C++ using the Qt widget toolkit for the user interface.
It officially supports the operating systems Linux, FreeBSD and Microsoft Windows. In most popular Linux distributions, it is available through the standard package repositories. It is the only audio player not featuring a database that uses the Qt library.
Follow the steps below to get started with Qmmp:
- Update your Ubuntu system packages with running the below command:
sudo apt update -y && sudo apt upgrade -y
- Qmmp package is not available on Ubuntu base repository. So You can install it via APT PPA method by importing and installing the PPA as follows:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:forkotov02/ppa -y
- Execute an APT update to reflect the newly imported PPA.
sudo apt update -y
- Now install the application
sudo apt-get install qmmp-qt6 qmmp-plugin-pack-qt6
NOTE: Also you can install Qmmp with Flatpak
Flatpak, formerly known as xdg-app, is a utility for software deployment and package management for Linux. It is advertised as offering a sandbox environment in which users can run application software in isolation from the rest of the system.
- So install the Flatpak manager with running the following command:
sudo apt install flatpak -y
- Enable Flatpak using the following command
sudo flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
- Install Qmmp using the following flatpak command.
flatpak install flathub com.ylsoftware.qmmp.Qmmp -y
- Access Qmmp through the command line by running the command
- Also you can search on the system search bar by typing Qmmp as follows
- Alternatively, Flatpak users will need to launch using the command below:
flatpak run com.ylsoftware.qmmp.Qmmp
- Qmmp will open as shown below
How to Remove (Uninstall) Qmmp
- Remove Qmmp with APT Remove Method:
sudo apt autoremove qmmp -y sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:forkotov02/ppa -y
- Remove Qmmp with Flatpak Remove Method:
flatpak uninstall --delete-data com.ylsoftware.qmmp.Qmmp flatpak remove --unused
Install Qmmp -Conclusion