In this guide, we will show you how to install NeoFetch on AlmaLinux 9 / RockyLinux 9 systems.
Neofetch is a system information tool written in the Bash shell scripting language. On the left side is always a logo of the distribution, rendered in old-fashioned ASCII art. Unlike a system monitor, the tool only features a static display of the computer’s basic hardware and software configurations and their versions, typically operating system, the host (namely the technical name of the machine), uptime, package managers, the shell, display resolution, desktop environment, window manager, themes and icons, the computer terminal, CPU, GPU, and RAM. Neofetch can also display images on the terminal with w3m-img in place of the ASCII logo art.
Install Neofetch on AlmaLinux:
Follow the steps below to get started with Neofetch:
- Update your AlmaLinux system packages with running the below command:
sudo dnf clean all && sudo dnf update sudo dnf groupinstall "Development Tools"
- Neofetch package is not available on AlmaLinux base repository. So You can run the following command to install add EPEL repo first to your AlmaLinux system as follows:
sudo dnf install \ https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/epel-release-latest-9.noarch.rpm \ https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/epel-next-release-latest-9.noarch.rpm
- The next step is to install Neofetch by running the command below:
sudo dnf install neofetch -y
- Once installed, verify the installation by checking the version of neofetch by running the following command:
- Test Neofetch from your terminal CLI:
- To get more info about neofetch options, run the command below:
How to Remove (Uninstall) Neofetch
- Remove Neofetch by running the command below:
sudo dnf remove neofetch
Install Neofetch -Conclusion