In this guide, we will show you how to install Franz messaging in Ubuntu systems.
Franz is an application was built in order to make it easier for people to manage and organize their chats. Currently, Franz supports Slack , WhatsApp, WeChat, HipChat, Facebook Messenger, Telegram, Google Hangouts, GroupMe, and Skype.
Install Franz on Ubuntu
Follow the steps below to get started with Franz :
- Update your Ubuntu system packages with running the below command:
sudo apt update -y && sudo apt upgrade -y
- Franz package is not available on Ubuntu base repository. So You can install it via downloading the deb. package from github as follows:
- Then install it with dpkg as shown below:
sudo dpkg -i franz_5.9.2_amd64.deb
You can also download Franz from its official web page by visiting the link below
- Access Franz via command line by running the following command:
- You can search on the system search bar by typing Franz as follows
- Franz will be launched as shown below:
Install Franz –Conclusion