In this tutorial, we will show you how to install ChatGPT Desktop on your Ubuntu systems.
ChatGPT is an artificial-intelligence chatbot developed by OpenAI and launched in November 2022. It is built on top of OpenAI’s GPT-3 family of large language models and has been fine-tuned (an approach to transfer learning) using both supervised and reinforcement learning techniques.
ChatGPT was launched as a prototype on November 30, 2022, and quickly garnered attention for its detailed responses and articulate answers across many domains of knowledge. Its uneven factual accuracy, however, has been identified as a significant drawback.
Install ChatGPT on Ubuntu-APT method
Follow the steps below to get started with ChatGPT :
- Update your Ubuntu system packages with running the below command:
sudo apt update -y && sudo apt upgrade -y
- ChatGPT package is not available on Ubuntu base repository. So You can install it via downloading the ChatGPT package as follows:
- Then install ChatGPT as shown below:
sudo apt install -f ./ChatGPT_0.11.0_linux_x86_64.deb
- You can search on the system search bar by typing ChatGPT as follows
- ChatGPT will be launched as shown below
- Sign up or login if you have an account. Enjoy!!