In this guide, we will show you how to install Akregator on Ubuntu systems
Akregator is an open-source, easy-to-use news feed reader. With Akregator, you can follow your favorite news sites, blogs, and other RSS/Atom-enabled websites without constantly checking for updates using a web browser.
Akregator is part of the Kontact set .
The program has a simple interface, integrated with the Konqueror browser . There are no problems with handling a large number of channels, it is also possible to export and import them in XML and OPML formats. The user has a wide range of customization options, incl. archiving of articles, time between downloading feeds or appearance (text size and layout).
Install Akregator on Ubuntu-APT method
Follow the steps below to get started with Akregator :
- Update your Ubuntu system packages with running the below command:
sudo apt update -y && sudo apt upgrade -y
- Akregator package is available on Ubuntu base repository. So You can install it directly as follows:
sudo apt install akregator -y
Install Akregator-Flatpak method
NOTE: Also you can install Akregator with Flatpak
Flatpak, formerly known as xdg-app, is a utility for software deployment and package management for Linux. It is advertised as offering a sandbox environment in which users can run application software in isolation from the rest of the system.
- So install the Flatpak manager with running the following command:
sudo apt install flatpak -y
- Enable Flatpak using the following command
sudo flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
- Install Akregator using the following flatpak command.
flatpak install flathub org.kde.akregator -y
- You can search on the system search bar by typing Akregator as follows
- Alternatively, Flatpak users will need to launch using the command below:
flatpak run org.kde.akregator
- Akregator will be launched as shown below
How to Remove (Uninstall) Akregator
- Remove Akregator APT Method
sudo apt autoremove akregator --purge -y
- Remove Akregator with Flatpak Remove Method:
flatpak uninstall --delete-data org.kde.akregator flatpak remove --unused
Install Akregator -Conclusion