In this guide, we will show you how to install TradingView on Ubuntu systems.
TradingView is a social media network , analysis platform and mobile app for traders and investors . The company was founded in 2011 and today has offices in New York, London and Russia. In 2018, TradingView completed a $37 million Series B round led by Insight Partners, and in 2019 they acquired TradeIT . To date, the company ranks in the top 130 websites globally according to Alexa , and has over 10 million active monthly users.
Install TradingView on Ubuntu- Snap method
Follow the steps below to get started with TradingView:
- Update your Ubuntu system packages with running the below command:
sudo apt update -y && sudo apt upgrade -y
- you can install TradingView with snapd manager:
Snap is a software packaging and deployment system developed by Canonical for operating systems that use the Linux kernel. The packages, called snaps, and the tool for using them, snapd, work across a range of Linux distributions and allow upstream software developers to distribute their applications directly to users. Snaps are self-contained applications running in a sandbox with mediated access to the host system.
So, Snaps are applications packaged with all their dependencies to run on all popular Linux distributions from a single build. They update automatically and roll back gracefully.
- Snaps are discoverable and installable from the Snap Store, an app store with an audience of millions, So install snap then install TradingView via snap manager as shown below
sudo apt update -y sudo apt install snapd -y sudo ln -s /var/lib/snapd/snap /snap sudo snap install core sudo snap install tradingview
- Once installed, we will show that
- You can search on the system search bar by typing TradingView as follows
- Also you can open it with
sudo snap run tradingview
- TradingView will be launched as shown below
How to Remove (Uninstall) TradingView
- Remove tradingview with Snap Remove Method:
sudo snap remove --purge tradingview
Install TradingView -Conclusion