In this article, we will show you how to install Texstudio on Ubuntu systems.
TeXstudio is a cross-platform open-source LaTeX editor. Its features include an interactive spelling checker, code folding, and syntax highlighting. It does not provide LaTeX itself – the user must choose a TeX distribution and install it first.
Originally called TexMakerX, TeXstudio was started as a fork of Texmaker that tried to extend it with additional features while keeping its look and feel.
Install Texstudio on Ubuntu-APT method
Follow the steps below to get started with Texstudio :
- Update your Ubuntu system packages with running the below command:
sudo apt update -y && sudo apt upgrade -y
- Texstudio package is not available on Ubuntu base repository. So You can install it via importing PPA repo as follows:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sunderme/texstudio
- Run the command below to reflect on PPA
sudo apt update -y
- Then install Texstudio as shown below:
sudo apt install texstudio -y
- You can search on the system search bar by typing Texstudio as follows
- Texstudio will be launched as shown below
How to Remove (Uninstall) Texstudio
- Remove Texstudio APT Method
sudo apt autoremove texstudio --purge -y
Install Texstudio -Conclusion