In this guide, we will show you how to install Persepolis on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
Persepolis is a Download Manager & a GUI For
aria2. It’s written in Python. Persepolis is a Sample of Free and open source software. It’s developed For GNU/Linux Distributions, BSDs, macOS and Microsoft Windows. You can join Persepolis contributers & Help us with developing it.
- Graphical UI for aria2
- Multi segment downloading
- Scheduling downloads
- Download queuing
- Finding and downloading video from Youtube, Vimeo, DailyMotion, …
Follow the steps below to get started with Persepolis:
- Update your Ubuntu system packages with running the below command:
sudo apt update -y && sudo apt upgrade -y
- Persepolis package is not available on Ubuntu base repository. So we have to add Persepolis PPA repository to your system by running the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:persepolis/ppa
- Install Persepolis using the command below:
sudo apt install persepolis -y
- Once installed, verify the installation by checking the Persepolis verion by running the following command as follows
Also you can install it with snapd manager:
Snap is a software packaging and deployment system developed by Canonical for operating systems that use the Linux kernel. The packages, called snaps, and the tool for using them, snapd, work across a range of Linux distributions and allow upstream software developers to distribute their applications directly to users. Snaps are self-contained applications running in a sandbox with mediated access to the host system.
So, Snaps are applications packaged with all their dependencies to run on all popular Linux distributions from a single build. They update automatically and roll back gracefully.
- Snaps are discoverable and installable from the Snap Store, an app store with an audience of millions, So install snap then install persepolis via snap manager as shown below
sudo apt update sudo apt install snapd sudo snap install persepolis
- Access persepolis through the command line by running the command
- Also you can search on the system search bar by typing persepolis as shown below:
I hope that article was useful.