Hi. This post is about How To Install OpenToonz on Ubuntu 20.04 | 22.04 LTS
OpenToonz is a 2D Animation Program based off of Toonz Developed by Digital Video in Italy. It’s open source animation production software to develop and create all together.
OpenToonz has been customized by Studio Ghibli, and used for the creation of its works for many years. Dwango has launched the OpenToonz project in cooperation with Digital Video and Studio Ghibli.
Install OpenToonz on Ubuntu- Snap method
Follow the steps below to get started with OpenToonz:
- Update your Ubuntu system packages with running the below command:
sudo apt update -y && sudo apt upgrade -y
- you can install OpenToonz with snapd manager:
Snap is a software packaging and deployment system developed by Canonical for operating systems that use the Linux kernel. The packages, called snaps, and the tool for using them, snapd, work across a range of Linux distributions and allow upstream software developers to distribute their applications directly to users. Snaps are self-contained applications running in a sandbox with mediated access to the host system.
So, Snaps are applications packaged with all their dependencies to run on all popular Linux distributions from a single build. They update automatically and roll back gracefully.
- Snaps are discoverable and installable from the Snap Store, an app store with an audience of millions, So install snap then install OpenToonz via snap manager as shown below
sudo apt update -y
sudo apt install snapd -y
sudo ln -s /var/lib/snapd/snap /snap
sudo snap install core
sudo snap install opentoonz
- You can search on the system search bar by typing OpenToonz as follows:
- Also users can open it with
sudo snap run opentoonz
- OpenToonz will be launched as shown below
How to Remove (Uninstall) OpenToonz
- Remove OpenToonz with Snap Remove Method:
sudo snap remove --purge opentoonz
Install OpenToonz -Conclusion