First of all, we need to know what is the openfire which is one of Ignite open Realtime projects.
So Ignite Realtime is the community site for the users and developers of Jive Software’s open source Real Time Communications projects.Your involvement is helping to change the open RTC landscape.
Some projects of Open Realtime:
Also Openfire is a real time collaboration (RTC) server licensed under the Open Source Apache License. It uses the only widely adopted open protocol for instant messaging, XMPP Openfire is incredibly easy to setup and administer, but offers rock-solid security and performance.
In this installation guide, we will show you how to install Openfire Xampp on CentOS 8.
- Update CentOS 8
dnf update -y && dnf upgrade -y
- Download Openfire latest package. The version we’ll install in this article is 4.6.4.
- Install the rpm downloaded package with rpmlocal install method:
rpm -ivh downloadServlet\?filename=openfire%2Fopenfire-4.6.4-1.noarch.rpm
- Also Open ports 9090 an 9091 in the firewall.
firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=9090/udp --permanent firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=9090/tcp --permanent firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=9091/udp --permanent firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=9091/tcp --permanent firewall-cmd --reload
- Start and enable Openfire.
systemctl start openfire systemctl enable openfire
- Open the Openfire Web interface using the IP address or server hostname and port 9090.
- So You will be directed to Openfire web Interface as shown:
- Choose installation language
- Set your domain in the server settings and click Continue as shown below:
- Choose Embedded Database for Database settings then click Continue
- Select Default option on Profile Settings, You can add external auth. methods such as Directory Server (LDAP).
- Add user email address and your password then click continue as shown:
- Login to Openfire as shown below:
- You will be directed to the Dashboard of Openfire.
That’s all !!
In this installation guide, we illustrated how to install openfire in CentOS 8.