In this small guide, we will show you how to install gThumb on Ubuntu systems.
gThumb is a free and open-source image viewer and image organizer with options to edit images. It is designed to have a clean and simple user interface and follows GNOME HIG, it integrates well with the GNOME desktop environment.
Install gThumb on Ubuntu-APT method
Follow the steps below to get started with gThumb :
- Update your Ubuntu system packages with running the below command:
sudo apt update -y && sudo apt upgrade -y
- gThumb package is available on Ubuntu base repository. So You can install it directly as follows:
sudo apt install gthumb -y
- You can search on the system search bar by typing gThumb as follows
- Alternatively, users can launch it using the command line as shown below:
- gThumb will be launched as shown below
How to Remove (Uninstall) gThumb
- Remove gThumb APT Method
sudo apt autoremove gthumb --purge -y
Install gThumb -Conclusion