In this article, we will show you how to install GitKraken on Ubuntu 20.04
GitKraken Client is a software that makes Git commands and processes easy, fast, and intuitive, it has a visually appealing experience that requires fewer interactions, allows for more fluid workflows, and provides total functionality.
GitKraken is a graphic interface for Git that allows us to manage our repositories from a comfortable and modern graphic interface. Integrations with GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket, and Azure DevOps make it swift and simple to clone, fork, and add remotes.
Installation of GitKraken
Follow the steps below to get started with GitKraken:
- Update your Ubuntu system packages with running the below command:
sudo apt update -y && sudo apt upgrade -y
- GitKraken package is not available on Ubuntu base repository. So now run the following command to download the latest version of the GitKraken from the official page:
- So, Install GitKraken with dbkg command as folows:
sudo dpkg -i gitkraken-amd64.deb
Also you can install it with snapd manager:
Snap is a software packaging and deployment system developed by Canonical for operating systems that use the Linux kernel. The packages, called snaps, and the tool for using them, snapd, work across a range of Linux distributions and allow upstream software developers to distribute their applications directly to users. Snaps are self-contained applications running in a sandbox with mediated access to the host system.
So, Snaps are applications packaged with all their dependencies to run on all popular Linux distributions from a single build. They update automatically and roll back gracefully.
- Snaps are discoverable and installable from the Snap Store, an app store with an audience of millions, So install snap then install GitKraken via snap manager as shown below
sudo apt update sudo apt install snapd sudo snap install gitkraken --classic
- Then, access GitKraken through the command line by running the command
- Also you can search on the system search bar by typing GitKraken as follows
- So, GitKraken will be launched as shown below
- Register or just Login.
Welcome to GitKraken Workspaces
That’s it, I hope that was useful.