In this guide, we will show you how to install FreetuxTV on Ubuntu systems.
FreetuxTV is a VLC -based program for receiving Internet TV and radio in various languages. Recording of current programs and time-shift viewing are some of the useful program features. The program is still under development, but many well-known radio and television stations can already be used. The list continues to grow.
Follow the steps below to get started with FreetuxTV:
- Update your Ubuntu system packages with running the below command:
sudo apt update -y && sudo apt upgrade -y
- FreetuxTV package is not available on Ubuntu base repository. So You can install it via APT PPA method by importing and installing the PPA as follows:
#Stable PPA FreetuxTV sudo add-apt-repository ppa:freetuxtv/freetuxtv -y #Ubstable PPA FreetuxTV sudo add-apt-repository ppa:freetuxtv/freetuxtv-dev -y
- Execute an APT update to reflect the newly imported PPA.
sudo apt update -y
- Now install the application
sudo apt-get install freetuxtv -y
- Access FreetuxTV through the command line by running the command
- Also you can search on the system search bar by typing FreetuxTV as follows
- It will synchronize the list of TV channels before being launched as follows:
- Also you will have to “Add a group” category for your channels.
You can select one from a list of “Languages/Channel groups” that are predefined, or better yet.
For example, i will add Arabic web TV and Radio
- Successfully added as shown below
- Now trying to play any channel as follows:
That’s it, Enjoy
In this guide, we illustrated how to install FreetuxTV in UBuntu Systems.