In this guide, we will show you how to install DeSmuME on Ubuntu systems.
DeSmuME is a great Nintendo DS emulator.
DeSmuME is an open-source Nintendo DS emulator. It is the most accurate Nintendo DS emulator and is actively developed by the DeSmuME Team. It can be run from the command line directly or as a graphical program.
The regular version now allows for increasing internal resolution.
Follow the steps below to get started with DeSmuME:
- Update your Ubuntu system packages with running the below command:
sudo apt update -y && sudo apt upgrade -y
- DeSmuME package is available on Ubuntu base repository. So You can install it directly as follows:
sudo apt install desmume -y
NOTE: Also you can install DeSmuME with Flatpak
Flatpak, formerly known as xdg-app, is a utility for software deployment and package management for Linux. It is advertised as offering a sandbox environment in which users can run application software in isolation from the rest of the system.
- So install the Flatpak manager with running the following command:
sudo apt install flatpak -y
- Enable Flatpak using the following command
sudo flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
- Install DeSmuME using the following flatpak command.
flatpak install flathub org.desmume.DeSmuME -y
- Access DeSmuME through the command line by running the command
- Also you can search on the system search bar by typing DeSmuME as follows
- Alternatively, Flatpak users will need to launch using the command below:
flatpak run org.desmume.DeSmuME
- DeSmuME will open as shown below
How to Remove (Uninstall) DeSmuME
- Remove DeSmuME with APT Remove Method:
sudo apt autoremove desmume -y
- Remove DeSmuME with Flatpak Remove Method:
flatpak uninstall --delete-data flathub org.desmume.DeSmuME -y flatpak remove --unused
Install DeSmuME -Conclusion