In this article, we will illustrate how to install DeaDBeef player on Ubuntu systems
DeaDBeeF (as in 0xDEADBEEF) is a modular cross-platform audio player which runs on GNU/Linux distributions, macOS, Windows, *BSD, OpenSolaris, and other UNIX-like systems.
DeaDBeeF plays a variety of audio formats, converts between them, lets you customize the UI in almost any way you want, and use many additional plugins which can extend it even more.
Install DeaDBeeF Player on Ubuntu
Follow the steps below to get started with DeaDBeeF:
- Update your Ubuntu system packages with running the below command:
sudo apt update -y && sudo apt upgrade -y
- DeaDBeeF package is not available on Ubuntu base repository. So You can install it via APT PPA method by importing and installing the PPA as follows:
#DeaDBeeF Player PPA Stable sudo add-apt-repository ppa:spvkgn/deadbeef -y #DeaDBeeF Player PPA Devel sudo add-apt-repository ppa:spvkgn/deadbeef-devel -y
- Execute an APT update to reflect the newly imported PPA.
sudo apt update -y
- Now install the application
sudo apt install deadbeef -y
Also optionally, you can install the plugin developer package if you desire.
sudo apt install deadbeef-plugins-dev
- Access DeaDBeeF through the command line by running the command
- Also you can search on the system search bar by typing DeaDBeeF as follows
- DeaDBeeF will open as shown below
How to Remove (Uninstall) DeaDBeeF
- Remove DeaDBeeF with APT Remove Method:
sudo apt autoremove deadbeef -y sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:spvkgn/deadbeef -y sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:spvkgn/deadbeef-devel -y
Install DeaDBeeF -Conclusion