Buddy is a powerful Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) tool that allows you to automate your software delivery process. In this article, we will discuss how to install Buddy on Ubuntu 22.04 using Docker Compose.
- Ubuntu 22.04 installed on your system
- Docker and Docker Compose installed on your system
Install Buddy on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
- Update your system packages as shown below:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
- Run the commands below for the installation to Install Docker Engine.
sudo apt-get install apt-transport-https ca-certificates curl software-properties-common sudo curl -fsSL https://download.docker.com/linux/ubuntu/gpg | sudo apt-key add - sudo add-apt-repository "deb [arch=amd64] https://download.docker.com/linux/ubuntu $(lsb_release -cs) stable" sudo apt-get -y update
- Install Docker the community Edition as follows:
sudo apt-get -y install docker-ce
- Then install Docker Compose which is also required by Buddy, so run the following command
curl -L https://github.com/docker/compose/releases/download/1.14.0/docker-compose-`uname -s`-`uname -m` > /usr/local/bin/docker-compose
- Set an appropiate permission for the downloaded script:
chmod +x /usr/local/bin/docker-compose
- Install Buddy on Ubuntu system by running the following command:
curl -sSL https://get.buddy.works | sh && buddy install
- Wait until all containers downloaded as shown below:
Buddy Enterprise uses ports 80, 443, and 22 on the installation server. You will be asked for an alternative port if one of the ports is unavailable. When asking for the terms, simply confirm with “Enter”. When the installation is complete, change to the next tab.
Step 5. Accessing Buddy.
- Finally, Access Buddy by opening your favorite browser and navigate to http://Server_IP_address as shown below:
and complete the required steps to finish the installation.
In this article, we have discussed how to install Buddy on Ubuntu 22.04 using Docker Compose. Buddy is a powerful tool that allows you to automate your software delivery process. With its user-friendly web interface and easy installation process, it is an excellent tool for developers to streamline their development workflows.