In this tutorial, we will install Brightness-Controller on Ubuntu 20.04 | 22.04 LTS
Brightness-Controller is a popular brightness application used to control screen brightness. It’s a graphical user interface that help us to control screen brightness.
Follow the steps below to get started with Brightness-Controller:
- Update your Ubuntu system packages with running the below command:
sudo apt update -y && sudo apt upgrade -y
- Brightness-Controller package is not available on Ubuntu base repository. So You can install it via importing PPA repository as follows:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:apandada1/brightness-controller
- Run the following command to reflect the imported PPA repo.
sudo apt update -y
Then install the Brightness-Controller:
sudo apt install brightness-controller -y
- Access Brightness-Controller through the command line by running the command
- Also you can search on the system search bar by typing Brightness-Controller as follows
- Brightness-Controller will be launched as shown below
How to Remove (Uninstall) it
- Remove Brightness-Controller with APT Remove Method:
sudo apt-get autoremove brightness-controller --purge -y sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:apandada1/brightness-controller -y
Doesn’t work on my HP 15-db series. The controller installs, the sliders can be moved, but to no effect.