In this guide, we will show you how to install BleachBit in Ubuntu systems.
BleachBit is a free and open-source disk space cleaner, privacy manager, and computer system optimizer. The BleachBit source code is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 3.
It can do identifying and removing Web cache, HTTP cookies, URL history, temporary files log files and Flash cookies for Firefox, Opera, Safari, APT and Google Chrome
Also it wipes unallocated disk space to improve data compression ratio for disk image backups. and more.
Install BleachBit on Ubuntu-dpkg method
Follow the steps below to get started with BleachBit :
- Update your Ubuntu system packages with running the below command:
sudo apt update -y && sudo apt upgrade -y
- BleachBit package is not available on Ubuntu base repository. So You can install it via downloading its package from the official website as follows:
- Once downloaded, install BleachBit as shown below:
sudo dpkg -i bleachbit_4.4.2-0_all_ubuntu2004.deb
- Run the following command to fix the dependency errors:
sudo apt install -f
- You can search on the system search bar by typing BleachBit as follows
- Alternatively, users can launch it using the command line as follows:
- BleachBit will be launched as shown below
Install BleachBit -Conclusion