In this guide, we will install Thunderbird Mail on CentOS / Alma Linux & Rocky Linux systems.
Mozilla Thunderbird is a free and open-source cross-platform email client, personal information manager, news client, RSS and chat client developed by the Mozilla Foundation and operated by subsidiary MZLA Technologies Corporation. The project strategy was originally modeled after that of Mozilla’s Firefox web browser.
Install Thunderbird on CentOS / Alma Linux / Rocky Linux:
Follow the steps below to get started with Thunderbird:
- Update your AlmaLinux system packages with running the below command:
sudo dnf clean all && sudo dnf update
sudo dnf groupinstall "Development Tools"
- Thunderbird package is available on AlmaLinux base repository. So You can run the following command to install Thunderbird to your AlmaLinux system as follows:
sudo dnf install thunderbird -y
- You can access Thunderbird via the command line by running the below command as follows:
- Also you can search on the system search bar by typing Thunderbird as follows
- Thunderbird will be launched as shown below
How to Remove (Uninstall) Thunderbird on CentOS / Alma Linux
- Remove Thunderbird by running the command below:
sudo dnf remove thunderbird -y