In this tutorial, we will illustrate how to install VMware Workstation on Ubuntu systems.
Just follow the steps below
- Download the VMware Workstation Pro for Linux bundle by going to your browser to the official WMvare Workstation download page and download the installation bundle.
Note: Also you can download the product from the VMware Customer connect site according to VMware official page, In addition to, You can check what is the latest version of the Product as well.
So as shown above in the screenshot, the latest version of VMware Workstation is 16.2.1.
- Install prerequisites with this command.
sudo apt install build-essential
- Go to the location that you download the bundle in then begin the installation with executing this bundle.
sudo bash VMware-Workstation-Full-16.2.1-18811642.x86_64.bundle
- So Wait for the installation to finish.
- VMware Workstation Pro installation complete.
- Search on VMware as shown below then start VMware Workstation Pro.
- Accept VMware Workstation Licenses.
- Allow or disallow the product to check for new updates.
After choosing trial or enter license key and select the directory of virtual machines to be stored, Enter your Auth Password to get started with the VMware Workstation.
- Now, VMware Workstation Pro has been installed on your Ubuntu 20.04, So Enjoy.
- Finally, to check If the latest Version of VMware Workstation has been installed on Your Ubuntu or not, You can verify with the command below as follow.
So in this installation guide, we illustrated how to install VMware Workstation Pro on your Ubuntu systems.