In this guide, we will show you how to install Hiri in Ubuntu systems. Hiri is a linux email client for Exchange and Office 365 Email, Calendar, Contacts and Tasks. All in one.
Hiri was (now defunct) a business focused desktop e-mail client for sending and receiving e-mails, managing calendars, contacts, and tasks. It was developed as an alternative to existing e-mail clients and calendar applications such as Microsoft Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird.
Install Hiri on Ubuntu- Snap method
Follow the steps below to get started with Hiri:
- Update your Ubuntu system packages with running the below command:
sudo apt update -y && sudo apt upgrade -y
- Also, you can install Hiri with snapd manager:
Snap is a software packaging and deployment system developed by Canonical for operating systems that use the Linux kernel. The packages, called snaps, and the tool for using them, snapd, work across a range of Linux distributions and allow upstream software developers to distribute their applications directly to users. Snaps are self-contained applications running in a sandbox with mediated access to the host system.
So, Snaps are applications packaged with all their dependencies to run on all popular Linux distributions from a single build. They update automatically and roll back gracefully.
- Snaps are discoverable and installable from the Snap Store, an app store with an audience of millions, So install snap then install Hiri via snap manager as shown below
sudo apt update -y sudo apt install snapd -y sudo ln -s /var/lib/snapd/snap /snap sudo snap install core sudo snap install hiri
- So, You can search on the system search bar by typing Hiri as follows
- Alternatively, users can launch it using the CLI via the command below:
- Also snap users can open it with
sudo snap run hiri
- Now login to your outlook, hotmail, live or MSN as follows:
How to Remove (Uninstall) Hiri
- Also, you can Remove Hiri with Snap Remove Method:
sudo snap remove --purge hiri
Install Hiri -Conclusion
So, that’s it